The following terms and conditions apply to all visitors to the website https://www.futureutilities.co.uk and form the relationship you have while browsing and using the site.
Information About Us
www.futurebusinessutilities.co.uk is a website operated and managed by Future Business Utilities LTD. The Future Business Utilities LTD company number is 13086021, and the registered office is 28 Astwood Rd, Worcester, WR38ET
- We try to ensure that all information provided is accurate to the best of our ability. We do not warrant or accept any liability as to the accuracy nor any decisions you make based on the data provided.
- The website uses a secure internet connection. Any information you provide on our online forms or to our customer services team gets protected from any external intervention.
- If you complete our quote form, you provide consent for your data to be shared with an associated company to enable you to get quotes from the energy companies. Your data never gets shared for any other use.
- Our company owns the copyright to all information presented on this website including words, graphics, pictures, design elements and branding.
Conditions of Use
Below are additional conditions for all visitors using the website.
- You may not use any of the information contained on this website for any commercial use unless you receive explicit and prior authorisation from us.
- You should not attempt to inject any viruses or malicious harm to our hosting provider or website in any manner. Such activity falls under the Computer Misuse Act 1990 which contains penalties for these types of acts.
- We attempt to make the website available 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Instances outside or under our control may make the site inaccessible which we are not held liable.
- Any external links provided are for your information only. These third-party websites may have different terms and privacy policies from ours and you should read those when visiting the sites. We make no claim over the information provided from external websites.
- You use the site and information contained entirely at your own risk. You explicitly imply there is no liability on us for any financial or other loss you may incur from using this website.
- All terms and notices are subject to the laws in England, Wales, Scotland and Ireland. The website primarily focuses on these regions, but others may use the information.
The website does not contain any third-party advertising in any form. To cover our costs, we receive a variable commission from contracts you may sign up for your company. You are not obligated in any way to accept any recommendations we make to you.
There are no charges for our services. By providing your details online we will telephone to validate your details and provide a detailed quote.
Complaints and Communications
If you wish to lodge a complaint, garner additional information or delete your data from our databases under the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), please use our contact form or email us directly at [email protected] and we’ll attend to your enquiry.
Service Fees & Charges – How We Get Paid
Future Business Utilities LTD receive a commission directly from the supplier when an energy contract procured via us goes live; it pays for our service, including comparison, switch management, customer service and account management. The commission earned by Future Business Utilities LTD balances the cost to provide these services, in line with providing good customer outcomes and retaining our standing within the market in order to continue to provide customers with competitive deals for their business. By agreeing to use our service, you are agreeing for Future Business Utilities LTD to receive commission for our service.
The commission is included within your unit cost of energy usage by way of a small uplift; therefore, the cost of Future Business Utilities LTD’s service is included within the cost of the energy contract you agree with your chosen supplier. You are not required to make any direct payment to Future Business Utilities.
As an example, we may secure an electricity unit rate of 15.5 pence per KwH (kilowatt hour) to which we may apply an uplift of 0.7 pence, so the contracted price would be 16.2 pence per KwH. The calculation for our commission is therefore uplift multiplied by annual energy consumption and multiplied by the contract term. Whilst different for every contract, our commission is generally just a few percent of the cost of the total energy contract and typically under 1 pence of the unit rate.
Due to the way we are remunerated we only offer business energy prices from the suppliers who are live on our panel. Because our commissions are based on future usage they are forecast amounts. If you would like to find out the commission we expect to receive from your contract please email: [email protected]
Some suppliers may make additional payments to us, e.g. a nominal payment per meter sold successfully to that supplier; however, these payments do not impact the impartiality or rates of the comparison service provided.